Saturday, June 20, 2009

And so it Begins

Today I stepped out on my own. Today I didn't assist anyone. Today I became the boss. Oh yeah I am now the head coach. It was great. The opportunity to coach one of your kids is something everyone should experience. Today I got to coach both of mine. We loved it. Now the scores did not matter so much to me, but I found they did to the kids. To me its summer 3 on 3 hockey. Its a chance to skate and stay in shape. To the kids its about winning.

We had the unfortunate opportunity to play 2 games today. Back to back. Thats not so cool in the first week of the season. With kids I didn't know. Heck most of the kids I had never met before and I had to learn names and faces. The first game we lost, but thats ok. The team was a group that has played together for 4 years and all are select players. The second game we had a full roster and I was able to put lines together and we dominated. But then again I didn't care about the score. So I'm 1-1 and have now played both the other teams in our league. Next time we will be ready. My kids had a blast. I had a blast. Thats what it's all about.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, it was evident to me throughout your text Davy, that you are commited from the heart and not the greed of just winnng. How many times have we witnessed parents throwing fights with one another in public over winning? You are a true Champ for your pure passion! :)