Saturday, November 21, 2009

Reelected


Well the year is rapidly coming to an end and for me it also concludes my first year as Regional Executive (RE) of the Ohio Valley Region of the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA). I was elected last year in a close vote and lets just say I really had no idea what I had gotten myself into. So much of the RE position is done away from Board meetings. The RE is essentially the CEO and Chairman of the board for each region across the country. Each region sets up their bylaws to determine how the RE is elected and how long they can serve. It's been a fun learning experience and I'm certainly glad that I had the opportunity to be in charge. According to our bylaws I am allowed to serve for 2 consecutive terms as RE and I made the decision to run for reelection. Once again the campaign was busy and I'm happy to say that I was reelected to a second term. This time the margin was even closer at just 9 votes from more tan 1000 mailed out. Unfortunately only about 175 were returned, but For those that voted I hope to continue to move our region forward and also I hope to not screw anything up too bad.

No comments: