Friday, April 3, 2009

Quick Review- Fast and Furious


Ok so today I did something I rarely do anymore. See a movie in the theatre. With about 1000 channels on satellite tv I eventually see every movie I want--eventually.

Today though an old film drew me back. Fast and Furious. Complete with Vin Diesel and Paul Walker and joined by Jordana Brewster and Michelle Rodriguez. Those four you may recall were in the original known as The Fast and The Furious. This one is minus the word "the". Ok maybe it was the cars in the trailer a bit. Now lets make one thing clear. Like most films the trailer is cut in a way to make you think something happens and in this case it doesn't. Right on cue.

Dom and Brian are back. Its 5 years later and many of the cars in the original are gone. Except for the Charger. Brian dives a Skyline a he did in the forgettable sequel and there is even a tie to the HORRID 3rd installment--Tokyo Drift. In essense this takes place before Tokyo and after the 2nd. Yet this is the 4th. Got that? Good.

I will not give anything away except to say there are a few plot twists and the action is ok. The cars are the stars and they are not in it enough for the hardcore motorhead which this film is aimed at. The stunts are cool and despite the fact its getting panned by the msm this film is not bad. Go see it and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool write up! I have to see this. A funny story. I was in line at a theater in Texas to see a Vin Diesel movie (I've forgotten which). A large guy in ftont of me was asked which movie he wanted a ticket for. He said: "Vin Diesel". The Ticlet seller said "What?" Again: "Vin Diesel". He looked at me and said "Man, I must sound like an idiot: Vin Diesel, Vin Diesel". He mentioned the movie and we all had a laugh in line! :D)