Monday, July 20, 2009

Quickie Post---Tom Watson

Just a quick post for today as I've been having terminal PC issues. Help is on the way with a new DC power in port from ifixit.com. Hope I don't fry my mac when I try to save some cash and do it myself...

In my house growing up we cheered on Jack Nicklaus. Him being a Buckeye and former classmate of my father made that an easy choice along with roughly 75% of America. We loathed Tom Watson for he was the one that stole the British Open in '77 from Jack. A funny thing happen though this weekend when Tom Watson came OH-SO-CLOSE to winning a 6th British Open at age 59. My dad cheered on TW. Not the TW as in Tiger Woods. No he cheered on Tom Watson. In a Major championship.

Thats just so hard to comprehend. But then again I was too and it felt great. Tom Watson nearly had one of the greatest upsets in all of sports. 8 feet separated him from immortality. I loved every minute of it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I heard about it and was sorry he missed it. SO CLOSE!!!!! :)