Thursday, May 23, 2013

Part 5 The "Hun" F-100

Moving right along is a great old bird and sadly I believe only 2 are still flying. The F-100 or "hun" was a Vietnam war era fighter bomber that required the pilot to be very skilled. Nowhere near as nimble as the F-4 or F-16 which came later these big birds served their purpose and its nice to know you can still see one flying at an airshow. This video is from the 2010 Thunder over Michigan show and for those that want to see this plane fly its scheduled to be at the 2013 Thunder over Michigan event as well. I think I'll find my way there....

I present the Hun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Breathtaking maneuvers. It's nice that they have salvaged and maintained this jet. I'm certain it is quite costly. But it is good to reflect back on history, and the F-100 is amazing! Thanks for sharing, Davy!