Thursday, April 1, 2010

Take Off To The Great White North Eh?

This is no April Fool.

Ahh. Once again I'm in Toronto for hockey. You could say I'm getting pretty familiar with border crossing and the 7 hour trip from central Ohio to the GTA. Today Poppy and I did it again so she can take part in the Brampton Canadettes all girls hockey tournament. This year there are more than 400 all girl teams entered. In our division we are the only team from the USA. We are playing in the AA 10U division so the competition should be fierce. Poppy does know one other player on the team as that girl played in her league this season and was on Frudoch's team last year. Its going to be a great few days!

Fortunately for us we are staying in a brand new Hilton Garden Inn just off the airport property. Lets just say the sights and sounds are excellent for an airplane lover like me. I'm hoping to catch a glimpse of the Airbus A380 double decker as it makes daily trips in and out of Pearson. I brought the camera and will hopefully have some time to snap a few shots of the heavy's we rarely see at Port Columbus.

Record high temps up this way today so I hope that the weather and hockey provide for a most memorable weekend. Its a shame Frudoch and his mom could not make it. Hope the Easter Bunny can find Poppy up here......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

While not an A380 fan, I am a fan of DJ Davy B. Enjoy your trip and I hope you have an opportunity to take some spectacular photos for your collection! :)