Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May--The Month That Never Rests

My time as a house husband is filled with "stuff". Typically months come and they go. Schedules don't change much in the typical month, but May is not normal. Each week we have hockey development on Friday evening and Saturday afternoon. Piano is on Wednesday. PSR classes on Tuesday and Church on Sunday. Those don't change much if at all. The craziness comes from the hockey games on Saturday (2) and trying to fit development camp in too. This weekend brings AAA tryouts for Frudoch. AAA hockey is Tier 1 and prepares the serious player for the road to a potential career in hockey. Yes Frudoch is only 11 as on today... Tryouts this weekend are on Saturday and Sunday. Plus I coach both kids 3 on 3 hockey teams. Oh yeah this weekend is Mothers Day and Frudoch turns 12 on Saturday. My wife has her birthday on Sunday too. This past weekend was May 1 and we celebrated a nephews birthday and visited with other family passing thru town. Oh yeah I also coached 2 hockey games including a 21-0 win for my PeeWee team. Wednesday I have to pick up the flowers the kids sold and deliver them as well as get t a race planning meeting. Next week brings an OVR-SCCA Board meeting and I am Chairman so I must be present. We have all the regular stuff too plus 2 more hockey games. The following weekend (May 21-23) has more tryouts in case Fru does not make the AAA team. Not just one set, but 2 sets of tryouts. Friday eve, Saturday morning, Sunday Morning and finally Sunday evening. Of course they can and usually do add one more session to make those final decisions. Usually on the night and time of PSR.... Yeah I still have to coach a couple games in there too. That weekend is also my SCCA regions biggest race of the year at Mid-Ohio and as regional Executive I HAVE to be present. Where I find the time is a guess I will have to make. Nevermind that I would love to race.... So that leaves the last weekend of the month and also my fathers 70th birthday and a big celebration. Plus of course some hockey and a wonderful weekend of racing at Indy, Lime Rock, and Charlotte. Somewhere during the month I need to find time to maintain the house and get the race car ready for the season. I have new tires waiting to go on the CLK since right now the rears are bald as can be. So see May is busy, but I guess I like it like that since I'll have less time to bitch and moan. One more thing.... Stay out of my way. I'm in a hurry.

No comments: