Thursday, May 14, 2009

I don't do Twitter

I readily admit it. I don't do twitter. No tweets from me. Don't look for them anytime soon. Its not that I don't have anything to say, but I really would rather waste time in more unproductive ways. Got that?

Social networking is one of those things that you either get into or you don't. I don't do myspace, I won't do twitter. I have the free classmates.com account which is pretty much worthless for connecting with people. I just don't feel the need to broadcast my life beyond blogger. Yes I do blog.

Next summer will be my 25th high school reunion. Holy crap! I look back at the 20th reunion and well it kinda sucked. The 2 or 3 close friends I had in high school did not attend. In fact I had long ago lost contact. The person I most wanted to come had disappeared long ago. Recently while in Las Vegas I got one of those emails from classmates.com that teases about a new member. You know the type that says someone you know just signed up. Only I have never recognized the names of any of those people. I just assumed they were bogus attempts to get me to upgrade my account. So with plenty of time I logged in thru my blackberry and what do you know, but I recognized the name. It was a person I'd lost contact with. Once I returned home I sent a message thru their system figuring it would never get thru and a few days later I got a response. Fast forward a couple months and we've had a chance to catch up.

Yesterday I signed up on Facebook.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

DJ DAVY B: I am a hold out, I guess. From a long-term viability standpoint I use Blogger because while it's popularity might wane now and then, it is solid and will gain ground again as the best Media format among Facebook and Twitter. Fads come and go. Blog will survive! Cool post!!!