Saturday, December 6, 2008

Jumbo Shrimp

The first real snow of the year is always a bad thing here in central Ohio. All the people that drive everyday suddenly forget how to drive and feel the need to crash or come damn close. Normally you won't find me out on this day. Well today was not a normal day. I skipped Poppy's hockey game this morning with a headache and had already promised to deliver a piece of exercise equipment that I sold on craigslist. This 125 pound stairmaster needed to go to its new home in C-Bus. Oh boy. Snow driving 101 is no biggie for me. Its like racing in the rain. Slow down to go faster. Nobody else gets it. I must admit it was rather icy out, but i spent more time watching the idiots around me crashing and spinning than I did looking out the mirror. A totally exhausting journey.

Well the report on Frudoch is he made the Select Team called the North Stars. He was so excited and the joys he felt was contagious. His goal this year was to make the North Stars and he did it. Passing numerous kids that last year just schooled him. He worked really hard over the summer to elevate his game and so many of his former teammates parents noticed the improvement. Those summer camps really paid off. He will get his fill of hockey this winter. The question is will I be able to deal with it. Poppy had her final tryout last night for the mite Select team and she did much better. During the scrimmage she played excellent defense and was able to move the puck and reverse the flow several times. She is really starting to get it. I don't think her overall play was enough to make it, but they knew she was there.

So stepping away from hockey for a moment. This week I take over as Regional Executive of our chapter of the SCCA. It's my first term on the BOD and I am excited. Now the economy might make for a pretty rough year. I have some plans and cool things to announce later. I gotta go to sleep as Frudoch has a game Sunday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And I an excited for YOU my friend! Let your talent and your passion guide you. I am sorry for not being able to keep up. But do not lose Faith. I will get caught up, as I am dropping some things that are weighing me down and need to have more time for friends, like DJ DAVY B!

Have a good week, buddy! :)