Saturday, August 9, 2008

Back from the land of Sweet Tea and Sunburns

I survived. I'm back. But where are my kids? Oh yeah I went down with 2 and caame back with none. I left them there. No I'm not a bad dad. My in-laws are bringing them home. We had to get back for the dog. I'm a bit more red in color and I tried my hand at body surfing and boogie boarding. Those waves are powerful. I.m glad the FFO is over. We left and drove from Kiawah to Mooresville NC Thursday evening and then back home Friday. A bunch easier breaking it up into 2 days. Going 80+ mph gets on your nerves especially through the twisty mountain passes and tunnels.

Cool things on the trip: I saw the Boeing Dreamlifter coming into Charleston SC as we were leaving. There were severe storms so the sky was dark and the plane was HUGE. So cool. I can cross that one off my list of things to see. Saw a C-17 jet too. Bunch of Marine and Coast Guard choppers. Did not see any gators. Almost ran over a turtle. Spent 2 days in bed with a migraine and had a couple hot dogs. That about covers it.

No comments: