Monday, September 22, 2008

I survived the weekend- barely

I say barely because late last week I caught the virus thats going around. You know slight fever. Crud in the lungs and a cough. General feeling that you are going to die at any moment. Here at our house we all got it and I blame AEP. Yes I blame the electric company because without power we had to wash dishes in cold water and the virus was spread to all of us. Once again a reason to dislike them.

Ok back to reality for a sec. Saturday Poppy had hockey practice and then we had to go shopping for gifts for gift bags and other party gear as its was time to celebrate her 8th birthday with a 'girls only' party. We struggled to come up with the right assortment of goodies, but managed to get it done and get to DQ for an ice cream cake. The party... oh my 8 year old girls on ice. Oh Poppy loved it, but several of the girls had never skated before so it was interesting. After that we headed home for some pizza and gifts. Frudoch on the other hand was like a man alone. None of the girls wanted him around and he did not know what to do.Once they left I crashed out as by that time I was exhausted and felt like mush. Yesterday was nice and slow paced watching Ryder Cup golf and cheering on local hero Ben Curtis in his first Ryder Cup outing.

I'm still feeling it today and in fact after the kids boarded the bus I went back to bed for 2 hours. Hopefully I'll feel better as its now time to restock the 'fridge as both were emptied of their contents. I'm going to bed now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm laughing here at the thought of the kids "emptying the fridge". How funny! Not for you though, necessitating another trip to Safeway!

People in public coughing with their mouth open is just amazing. I get away from them ASAP whenever they do that. No wonder Donald Trump hates shaking hands, Take care Davy!!!!