Thursday, July 24, 2008

I Got One


Ok I can breathe easier now. On Tuesday I signed the paperwork for my new car

A 2006 Mercedes Benz CLK500

In fact its the first one I tried to buy about a month and a half ago and then 3 weeks ago. To make it even sweeter I got MY price even when they tried to squeeze an extra $500 out of us. The deal came about quickly as the car was listed on ebay and I called in and talked to a different sales guy. One who actually wanted to help me. Ultimately the bill of sale listed the first guy I talked to, but he did not help me at all. The car is awesome to drive. Tons of power and it looks good too. So far I'm getting more than 20mpg driving around town and thats much better than my truck. The car also was a Certified Pre-Owned MB which adds warranty and it guarantees the car has been thoroughly inspected. They even took the floor mats out of a new CLK when they couldn't find the ones from the car. Needless to say I have a smile on my face and the wind in my hair as driving a car after 12 years of SUV driving is a welcome change. Now I just need to score a set of Xenon headlights as this one did not come with them. Odd on a $60K+ car. Thats another issue for another day......

This week has been Turcotte Stickhandling School at the Easton Chiller for Frudoch. He is loving it. I am getting sick of the ice rink. At least the smells at Easton are good--McKormick and Schmicks, Brio, Ocean club, Cheesecake Factory........

Last Sunday I took the kids to Mid-Ohio for the Indycar race which was won by the Penske team of Ryan Briscoe. All the excitement was about Milka Duno giving it to Danica Patrick. Its about time someone told DP that she is not the end all of the IRL. There is no other driver that could have done what she did and I applaud her for it. Go Milka. Now there's something that I never thought I would be saying. Honda must have given away about 35000 tickets as that crowd was HUGE. Of course the 4 tickets we used were freebies too. The rainstorm in the middle was not cool. Rain+dirt=Mud. Lots of mud and smells.......

No comments: