Monday, July 14, 2008

Missing Out on the Big Prize


Tonight I feel like I've been run over by a steam roller. I got the green light to buy a car and it slipped thru my hands. I was on the computer booking a plane ticket to go get it and before I hit the button to send my money to US Air I checked to make sure it was still available. You guessed it--NOPE. The dealer had agreed to hold it thru Saturday and was closed Sunday. I was flying down in the morning to get it. Almost the car of my dreams. That dream car is a Mercedes CLK63. One badass machine. This car is its brother---a Mercedes CLK500. This car looked perfect and sounded perfect, but I wanted to have someone look at it for me before I flew down. I had someone contact an in-law to go look at it for me and I never heard back from this person--or the person I asked for help. Kinda strange as this person was going to look this morning and now the car is gone and nobody is returning my calls or emails....I smell a rat as the person who was looking at the car has a couple MB's in their garage.

I'm really just mad at myself. i should have just gone on my own. I wanted the car and my wife said OK. Why couldn't I have just got on the plane and gone? This car had only 14000 miles on it and had all the options I wanted. Sure there is still the one up here that I tried to buy last week. I'll wait a few more weeks and when they realize that car is $5k too high maybe they will call, but its not the same car. I wanted this other one you see. I broke my own first rule in car shopping. Don't fall in love with a car. Even if its the little brother of your dream car. I gotta move on, but I feel like I'm moving on without a piece of me.

No comments: