Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Day After

So today was the day after for the Columbus Blue Jackets. Lets just say the game went as I suspected. Not so well. They got burned on the PK and thats what I expected. While I have been saying the season has been over for a few weeks now I secretly hoped they could pull it out. I thinks its pretty obvious that the season is now truly over after tonight. They played well and hard to start, but the team was hopelessly outclassed with the additions San Jose made and the trades the jackets didn't make. Vybs had a couple goals, but where was Zherdev or Nash besides his fight? Not exactly the team leader we need him to be. Its more than fighting or hitting. Its the intangibles that all together make a man the captain. I hope we win a few more games, but I fear that the next 17 will bring about 15 losses and a huge problem for the CBJ management. Who really wants to come here into a losing environment? Its gonna be a long summer. I hope my son gets on some good teams so I can see some winning as this year started well for both the CBJ and my sons team and both have gone straight to the trash.

I'm off to bed with my meds in my belly. Please let there be school.

No comments: