Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Rumblings

Its been several days since I posted. Life has its ups and downs. I've been suffering considerably from whatever is going on with my shoulder. Today though was supposed to be the day I got an idea of what's wrong with an Arthrogram.

Unfortunately just as I was heading out this morning for the 45 minute drive to the hospital I got a call that the MRI machine would not start up. I was cancelled. Now I must wait another 2 weeks to get in. Tuesday is my wife's day off and the only day I can get up for the test which they only do at 8:15 AM. Needless to say I'm not happy to tack 2 more weeks on to this. I have stuff piling up everywhere and now get 2 weeks added to whenever the end might be.

In another world its trading deadline day in the NHL. The CBJ have put together an offer to Tampa for Brad Richards. A top line center is among our needs. I don't know all that much about Richards, but having watched GM Scott Howson for many months it's clear he knows about this game. I hope we get him, but am realistic enough to know that its pretty unlikely. Oh well maybe we can just dump everybody and start over. If we do send Feds, Vybs, Foote, Manny, Hainsey, and Peca the season will certainly be over. I'm not so sure we can hope to be competitive replacing those guys and addressing the real needs which remain a #1 Center and a #1 D-Man. Gonna be a few years before we get to this point again if things don't work out properly. I don't know if I can handle it.

Finally Roger "the liar" Clemens is back in the news again today. Seems that his lies are catching up to him and the Federal Government is about to put a target on his ass. Not the target where he got all the injections though. His momma said take B-12 and he just said give me the needle instead of swallowing a pill. Yeah everybody does that. Oh and the lidocaine injections too... because everybody loves a shot in the butt instead of a lidoderm patch. Yeah I use them for LOCAL use. Rogers butt must have been really painful. So I think i've established that most people would rather take a pill or slap a patch on instead of getting a shot, but not Roger. He's so tough. He also thinks he's invincible--like a teenager or an athlete on the juice!

No comments: