Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Pain and Agony

So we went to Findlay Ohio to play in a Squirt tournament. The kids did Ok finishing 2-2 and taking 5th place out of 8. I spent the weekend in excruciating pain. something has happened to my heavily repaired shoulder. I've had so many procedures on my shoulder it looks like a railroad yard with all the scars. So in any case pain has been building and my oxycontin doses have not even touched the pain. Traveling in pain is awful too. I'm back home and going to the orthopedic surgeon today and once again I'm scared. I hate surgery. My life has been full of surgery the past 12 years. So its put on a happy face and cry from the pulling and twisting. I asked my wife to come with me which is possible because she works in the same office as the surgeon. She is also his partner so I get good care and access to the best physicians. It means a lot to get to see doctors that other people have to wait to see. I got in to a foot and ankle surgeon last year for surgery to fix a botched surgery on my foot. Without the access to docs it would never happen. Moral of the story is..... marry a Dr. kids.

So if you read any of my blog leave me a comment. Its words of encouragement that will get me through this next round.

One last thing... My Columbus Blue jackets have tanked. This season and the push for the playoffs has been tantalizing, but its over. Unfortunately I don't think next year will be any better. In my mind THIS was the year and there will be quite the mountain to climb to get back to the point they were a month ago--just before the ASG. The trades are coming and the team will look quite different. I've so much enjoyed having Sergei Fedorov on the team and hope he gets dealt to a contender that allows him another shot at a cup. Adam Foote has not impressed me much. He is not the shut down D-man we need. This poor signing goes back to Dougie Mac. I hope current GM Scott Howson does not compound this by signing him again. The trade deadline is less than a week away and the CBJ should be picked clean and ready for yet another high draft pick. Maybe we can get someone that can contribute right away as a CENTER. time to take my meds.

No comments: