Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bummer Dude


So I'm almost 41 and during the 80's I rocked hard with many concerts and always had the music pumping. Though my tastes have changed I still enjoy some of those 80's hair bands on my ipod. Late last year Van Halen announced they would be playing Columbus at the Schottenstein Center and I was all over it. When tickets went on sale I was online and got a pair of nice tickets. I knew my wife would not want to go, but tough. I've gone to stuff like Spamalot and Mama Mia and plenty of other plays. I even went to High School Musical the Concert. I've paid my dues. The last concert I dragged my wife to was Journey with Peter Frampton and John Waite in about 2002 I think. She really enjoyed it.

So in any case a week or so ago I noticed that some dates were postponed and rumors were the tour was cancelled. Those dates were rescheduled and everything was supposed to be fine. Until today when Van Halen announced that they are postponing the next 17 dates including Columbus on April 1. Well that just sucks. My guess is the tour is done. My chance to see VH with David Lee Roth is probably over. Man this stinks. Even if it is rescheduled its likely I won't be able to go. I'm gonna be out $200 and worse there will be no music. Bummer.

No comments: