Monday, March 17, 2008

The Day After... or Thereabouts

I made it home from Wooster. Unfortunately it was sans car. We were able to get rides back and forth from the hotel and rink from one of my sons teammates father on Friday and Saturday. Unfortunately he was leaving after Saturdays game so we were able to get rides from the other regular team members father. Since this was a tournament the team consisted of kids from several teams and we only knew a few of them. I had my truck towed to a Chevy dealer and they just called to tell me its done. Of course it cost a boatload. I suspected it was the fuel pump and indeed it was. Not a fun job on the GM large SUV's. Its also a common repair on these and my truck with more than 120K miles was overdue. Oh well. I'll get the truck back first thing in the morning. The trip did have its highlights though as 3 games gave 3 more opportunities to play hockey for my son.

The games however were not so good. The silly thing is the bracket we were in had all 4 teams from the columbus area. The other 3 teams were from the Easton program. Lets just say those teams were loaded and made our group of kids playing together for the first time look pretty outclassed. The highlight for me was the last game on Sunday morning when my son put a puck in goal on a rebound and got the team on the board. Goals had been pretty light as they were outscored 22-6 in all the games. He was very happy and his teammates mobbed him. Needless to say the ride home was better. I sure wish it had been a drive home though.

No comments: