Thursday, March 20, 2008

Life Comes at You Fast


Its been a few days since my last update and my days have been much like how the Nationwide Insurance saying goes... Life Comes at You Fast. Its been a fast week that included going back to get my truck in Wooster (on my anniversary) and getting the official results on my shoulder as well as 3 inches of rain and today the start of March Madness and spring break for the kids. Its been so crazy that I did not fill out a bracket for the NCAA tournament for the first time since I was about 11. Its been hard to take it all in, but as the saying goes... So are the Days of our Lives....

There have been good things of course and I am thankful for the small glimpses of the end of the tunnel. My Dr. gave me the official news that I had been expecting since getting the test results. I need a shoulder replacement. Its not as common a surgery as other joint replacements and its fairly uncommon for someone to need one at 40, but thats what I face. Trying to find the correct surgeon is my next step. I have had problems in the past getting things fixed on the first try and this has lead to a couple of extra surgeries that I really would have rather not had. My shoulder is just a basket case and there is only one way to fix it. I really don't want more surgery, but if I want to have a working arm its going to be absolutely necessary. Now the fight will be with the insurance company to get it paid for. I have appointments with 2 surgeons that do a lot of these procedures. One is about 20 miles away and the other is about 100 miles away. Both do the surgery daily. I have no idea when I'll actually get it done. At this point I just want to meet these guys and see what vibes I get. In the meantime I will just continue to suffer.

No comments: