Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Bury The Flag



The CBJ instituted a new slogan for this season. Carry The Flag. They have people come out and skate around the ice before games with a large CBJ flag and then they plant it at center ice to get the fans "going". I've not been a fan of it, but whatever... the marketing people are trying to sell the team. Maybe they should try putting a team on the ice that is a legitimate NHL caliber group. In any case My father took myself and my 2 kids to the Detroit Red Wings game Saturday night and we were treated to one of the most lopsided games I've ever been to. Awful sorta covers it from the CBJ side. My dad has gone to 7 games now over the 7 seasons and has yet to see a CBJ win. How pathetic is that? About as pathetic as this franchise has sunk. I'm watching tonight's game against Nashville and once again nobody showed up. Oh they are starting fights and trying to hit, but its a bit late to do that in the last 7 minutes down by 3 goals.

I put the pics of my kids up as it is the best part of the game. Eek once again got on the jumbo screen and she was the last person of the evening to be on. She tried so hard dancing every time there was any break in the action. Frudoch on the other hand was pissed as he never gets on the screen. In any case its another season of watching the playoffs from afar. Word to the CBJ ticket folks: Save you time and money this year as I'm not buying. Maybe a few games here and there but until this organization shows that they can compete on a nightly basis I'm not interested. I don't need all wins (would be nice though). I want to see the team not quit.

No comments: